Meet James Lombardi
Quick facts about James:
- James has spent a decade working at global non-profit organizations managing multi-million dollar budgets, and bringing business and education together to create positive change· Today, he is the founder of Minded Projects, an innovative Vancouver startup that supports purpose-driven brands and non-profits in deepening their social impact
- James was the Head of Global Business Development and the Director of We Day for the international charity, Free The Children. James helped the organization achieve exponential growth, scaling from 400,000 to over 2.4 million young people empowered each year and more than doubling annual revenue to $50M.
- He was awarded as a 2016 Business in Vancouver Forty under 40 recipient
- With a passion for music, the arts and culture, James grew up playing various instruments, singing in musical theatre and learning to speak four languages
- James was born and raised in BC. He and his wife Laura live and rent in Kitsilano with their dog Elliott.
James Lombardi has dedicated his life to his community as a youth empowerment advocate. His longstanding commitment to volunteerism has taught him that people engage when there is a clear vision and goal to unite behind.
James brings his leadership experience at world-leading nonprofits where he successfully brought the corporate and education communities on board to inspire and equip young people around the world.
James served as the Head of Global Business Development at Free The Children, an international Canadian charity renowned for their WE Day events. James helped the organization achieve exponential growth, scaling from 400,000 to over 2.4 million young people empowered each year and more than doubling annual revenue to $50M.
He previously served as the Director of WE Day, launching the organization’s first-ever stadium tour of 100,000 people across 9 cities. James also oversaw Free The Children’s Vancouver office, partnering with community, business, and educational leaders to launch the first WE Days in Vancouver and Calgary.
James was also the Chief Business Development Officer at Net Impact, a pioneering non-profit that mobilizes millennials on campus and in the workplace to create positive change through their careers. Today, James is the Founder of Minded Projects, an innovative Vancouver startup that supports purpose-driven brands and non-profits in deepening their social impact.
He holds a Master’s Degree in International Relations and Global Finance and a Bachelor’s in Political Science, and also speaks Italian and Portuguese.
Born and raised in the Lower Mainland, James has deep roots in the province that he loves. Together with his wife Laura and their dog Elliott, James is a proud resident of Point Grey.
I am excited to support James. James is thoughtful and passionate, and his ability to appeal to voters both young and old is just what’s needed.